Mandurah Swimming Club Inc
More InformationContact Information
Location: Mandurah, WA, Australia
Closing Date: 23/10/2020
Employer: Mandurah Swimming Club Inc
Application/Enquiry email: email@example.com
Salary Range: Negotiable. The hourly rate will be based on Level 4 of the Fitness Industry Award 2010 and will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
Mandurah Swimming Club was founded in 1967, being highly respected within both the sporting and wider Mandurah communities (being awarded the 2019 Swimming WA Regional Club of the year). The club is based at the recently redeveloped Mandurah Aquatic and Recreation Centre (MARC) with membership continually growing since the opening of this new facility. The club membership is comprised of both senior and junior squads with each group maintaining healthy numbers and supporting pathways for National and State level swimmers. The senior squads have members spanning fitness swimmers who enjoy the sport to National qualifiers, ranging in age from 11 to 21. The junior squads include both developing and competitive swimmers.
We are currently seeking a result driven Development Coach who is passionate about helping competitive swimmers achieve their goals in a professional and caring environment. The successful applicant will be tasked with designing, coaching and overseeing our development squads whilst challenging and inspiring swimmers in their progression toward skill, , stroke development, speed and endurance training. The Development Coach will also be required to work with and nurture non-competitive swimmers in the Club. The successful person will embrace positive ideals and values promoting an environment in which youth develop self-esteem, self-confidence, discipline, effective habits and motivation to succeed. They will be supported by the existing team of enthusiastic coaches along with a proactive committee.
• Design development squad programs, manage, supervise and coach development squads.
• Work collaboratively with coaches, parents and the committee to motivate swimmers, to achieve members’ swimming goals and achieve successful competitive results for the club at Club, Regional, State and National level.
• Select, promote, prepare swimmers (and parents) for and attend the Club’s target competitions (Club time trials as required, Club, Region and State) to support the competitive development of our swimmers.
• Work with swimmers and coaches to encourage positive word of mouth and, support members’ and promote and develop the Club.
• Communicate in a positive, effective and timely manner with swimmers, parents, the committee and other agencies as required.
Minimum qualifications and experience at the time of appointment:
• Bronze (development) coaching licence (preferred)
• 3 years of coaching experience (preferred)
• First Aid Certificate
• Demonstrated success in carrying out the role of swim coach within a competitive swimming environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to develop strong working relationships with coaches, parents, technical officials, swimmers and the Committee members.
• Ability to secure a Working with Children Card in WA
• Hold a current ASCTA membership
Working hours and pay:
• Casual Part Time position (minimum 18 hours per week)
• May involve mornings, afternoon, evening sessions (Monday to Saturday).
• 3 hours Administration per week: Directly related to squad planning, coaching, swim meet preparation, monitoring of swimmer progress and meeting attendance.
• Some weekend work for competition attendance.
• Attendance at swim meets will be paid as a fixed daily rate with travel and accommodation reimbursements determined on a meet-by-meet basis (dependent on distance and duration).
• For more detailed information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This Ad has been viewed 273 times.