Bayside Swimming Club
Dependant on applicant
More InformationEmployment Type: Employment by Bayside Swimming Club on a permanent part-time and/or fixed term basis, or alternatively engaged as an independent contractor will be considered. It is envisaged that the Club has significant capacity to grow and the Appointee will have the opportunity through increasing membership and squad numbers to increasing their hours and tenure.
About Bayside Swimming Club:
Bayside Swimming Club is one of the oldest Clubs in Victoria, and is the number 2 club in Melbourne’s South East. We’re also ranked in the top 20 nationally. We are an independently run Swimming Club, managed by our dedicated committee. Our home pool is in Mentone, though we also train at SwimRight, Waves, GESAC and Melbourne Grammar. Many of our swimmer have strong links to local Surf Life Saving Clubs and are keen open water swimmers. We’re easy to spot at meets thanks to our distinctive red and white uniforms.
Bayside Swimming Club is looking for an ASCTA accredited swimming coach who has experience as a competitive squad coach and wants to step up to a head coach position. Together with the committee, the Head Swim Coach will play a key role in developing the next phase of Bayside Swimming Club. This is not a school coaching position.
The applicant we seek will be a pro-active, organised, and enthusiastic, with the passion to build on our strong results across all levels, and grow the club to be even stronger. Currently the Club has a mixture of swimming squads with the majority of swimmers at the District to State Performance level. We also have a number of National medallists, and a strong open water and Nippers/Lifesaving contingent.
Working with our existing ASCTA qualified coaches and AUSTSWIM certified Junior coaches, our new coach will build a strong pathway for all swimmers and will be required to:
• Plan and manage the program for all swimmers
• Ensure all squads have targets and progression plans suited to the age and level of members
• Consult with club committee regarding advancement through the squad pathways
• Enthusiastically support all squads at targeted swim meets
• Work with the Club Administrator and Committee
• Mentor assistant and junior coaches
In order to be considered for this opportunity, the successful applicant will require:
• AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety qualifications.
• Advanced or Performance ASCTA Coaching accreditation.
• Current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003), asthma management and Anaphylaxis qualifications.
• Working with Children Card (Employee)
• A commitment to providing a high level of customer service and well-developed communication skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships.
• Understanding of Apps and Social Media a plus
• BSC is unable to sponsor international applicants or pay relocation fees.
For enquiries, please contact the Bayside Swimming Club Administrator via firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with strictest confidence.
Applications close: 18th September 2020. Please note: shortlisting and interviews may begin prior to the application closing date.
Bayside Swimming Club is fully committed to the protection of children. The successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the Club’s Child Protection Policies and Code of Conduct.
This Ad has been viewed 254 times.