Contact InformationElice Grant
Seaton Swim Centre
More InformationSeaton Swim Centre is looking for an ASCTA accredited swimming coach who has experience as a competitive squad coach and wants to step up to a senior coaching position. This position will require someone with strong motivation and willing to take on challenges.
The desired applicant will be pro-active, organised, and accommodating, with the drive to take our squad program to the next level. Currently the centre has a mixture of swimming levels. The senior coach will primarily be responsible for the state and national target squads whilst also assisting with the development level swimmers in the junior squads. The applicant must be willing to develop swimmers across all spectrums from sprinters to distance swimmers, including open water and those athletes which utilise swimming as a core component of their respective sports; surf life-saving and triathlon.
Our new coach will aim to build a strong pathway for all swimmers and will be required to:
• Plan, manage and implement the program for all squads / swimmers
• Work collaboratively with coaches, parents and the swim centre to motivate swimmers and achieve members’ goals
• Select, promote, prepare swimmers (and parents) for and attend the club’s target competitions (club time trials, Swimming SA events and State Championships) to support the competitive development of our swimmers.
• Communicate in a positive, effective and timely manner with swimmers, parents, other coaches and pool management as required
The Centre hosts and supports the Western Aquatic Swimming Club. The successful applicant will be supported by WASC where needed. The club currently has approximately 35 club members and there is great potential to grow these numbers. Successful applicant is to have all relevant current certifications.
Minimum qualifications and experience at the time of appointment:
• Development or Advanced Coaching (previously Bronze and Silver) license
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships with coaches, parents and swimmers
• Current Working with Children Check in SA
• Current First Aid and CPR
• Current ASCTA membership
Working hours and pay
• The hourly rate payable will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
• 15 hours a week coaching which will include mornings, afternoons and evening sessions (Mon to Saturday) plus some weekend work for competition attendance.
This Ad has been viewed 112 times.