Bayside Swimming Club (Melbourne Victoria)
Dependant on applicant
More InformationAbout Bayside Swimming Club:
Bayside Swimming Club is one of the oldest Clubs in Victoria, and is the number 1 club in Melbourne’s South East. We’re also ranked 4th in Victoria and in the top 20 nationally. Our home pool is the Mentone Grammar School pool, though we also train at SwimRight, Waves, GESAC and Melbourne Grammar. Many of our swimmers have strong links to local Surf Life Saving Clubs and are keen open water swimmers. We’re easy to spot at meets thanks to our distinctive red and white uniforms.
Bayside Swimming Club is looking for an ASCTA accredited swimming coach who has experience as a competitive squad coach and wants to step up to a head coach position. Together with the committee, the Head Swim Coach will play a key role in developing the next phase of Bayside.
The applicant we seek will be a pro-active, organised, and enthusiastic, with the passion to build on our strong results across all levels, and grow the club to be even stronger. Currently the Club has a mixture of swimming squads with the majority of swimmers at the District to State Performance level. We also have a number of National medallists, and a strong open water and Nippers/Lifesaving contingent.
Working with our existing ASCTA qualified coaches and AUSTSWIM certified Junior coaches, our new coach will be targeting to building a strong pathway for all swimmers and will be required to:
• Plan and manage the program for all swimmers
• Ensure all squads have targets and progression plans suited to the age and level of members
• Consult with club committee regarding advancement through the squad pathways
• Enthusiastically support all squads at targeted swim meets
• Work with the Club Administrator and Committee
• Mentor assistant and junior coaches
In order to be considered for this opportunity, the successful applicant will require:
• AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety qualifications.
• Advanced or Performance ASCTA Coaching accreditation.
• Current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003), asthma management and Anaphylaxis qualifications.
• Working with Children Card (Employee)
• A commitment to providing a high level of customer service and well-developed communication skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships.
• Understanding of Apps and Social Media a plus
For enquiries or to apply, please contact the Bayside Swimming Club Administrator via Baysideswimclub1@gmail.com
All applications will be treated with strictest confidence.
Please note: shortlisting and interviews may begin prior to the application closing date.
Bayside Swimming Club is fully committed to the protection of children. The successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the Club’s Child Protection Policies and Code of Conduct.
This Ad has been viewed 310 times.