Camberwell Grammar School
More InformationCamberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school. We are a 'Learning Community', which encourages staff, students, past students and parents to involve themselves fully in all aspects of school life and to identify themselves with its values. We are proud of the warm spirit that characterises our school family.
Reporting into the Aquatics Manager the Learn to Swim Teachers are responsible for:
- working with the Aquatics Manager to deliver high quality programs to the out of hours’ programs and/or the PE department and/or Junior School programs where applicable
- providing high quality learn to swim lessons
- fostering a positive swimming culture and a fun environment
- working as part of the Lessons Team
- providing feedback regarding student’s progression to the Aquatics Manager
- ensuring swimmers are progressing through the prescribed level
- identifying swimmers that may be ready to move up a level
- providing feedback to parents regarding students where applicable
- Shifts are available primarily between 3.15pm to 6.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. The length of shifts may vary depending on our bookings.
- The work will primarily focus around School terms
- There is provision for limited hours through School hours and school holidays also
We are looking for individuals with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Great communication skills
- Ability to teach swimmers new skills
- Ability to help swimmers refine and master skills
- Ability to help swimmers progress through their levels
- Swim Australia or Australian recognized equivalent
- Level 2 First Aid and CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Police Records Check
- Swim Australia Teacher Assessor (desirable)
- Lifeguard (desirable)
- Availability as per above - essential
To view the position description please go to our employment page: https://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/contact-1/career-opportunties
For more information about our Aquatics Program, please visit the CGS Aquatics Page: https://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/our-community/camberwellgrammaraquatic
If you believe you have what we are looking for then follow the link below to our Seek Ad and click on the “Apply for this job” button to submit your cover letter and resume.
Only applications received online via seek will be accepted.
Seek link: https://www.seek.com.au/job/39717190?_ga=2.29139772.1400891231.1568332332-2142072301.1539295304
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
This Ad has been viewed 44 times.