More InformationThe Exercise Institute is seeking a qualified, enthusiastic and driven individual to take on the role of Coach. Responsible for coaching our open water conditioning program, swim fitness classes & junior swim squad. Coaches are expected to instruct and direct swimmers through training sets, providing times and guiding time cycles. The coach will work very closely with our swimming specialist to provide and collect feedback from athletes. The coach will also be required to take on administrative duties including tracking attendance, enrolment, and payment collection.
The swimming program at the Exercise Institue operates primarily at Bold Park Aquatic, with some sessions held at Beatty Park and Claremont pool. Our open water conditioning program swims Mon/Wed/Fri, early morning, midday, and evening. These sessions attract athletes competing in events such as; The Rottnest Channel Swim, Ironman Triathlons, Open Water Swim Series, and other long-distance open water events. Our junior swimming program, training Tue, Wed, Thu afternoon, introduces junior swimmers to a squad training environment. During Junior sessions, coaches will teach swimmers key technique fundamentals and racing skills, further to, how to follow swims sets, track time cycles, and read heart rates. Mon-Sat, we also host several adult fitness classes for recreation swimmers.
The initial position calls for 6 - 10 hours per week, with sessions ranging from early morning, midday and evening. From December - February we will be looking to employ 20 - 25 coaching hours per week. These hours are negotiable. There is also the option for the role to become full time with involvement in the swimming program and administrative duties. Applicants must be available during the months of December and January.
There is also the opportunity for promising coaches to take on work within our technical development program. This program works one on one with athletes to develop technique inline with performance testing. These services range from single video analysis coaching to 6-month technique development blocks.
For those will exercise physiology (or similar) qualifications, we also have hours available at our gym and performance testing program.
We are looking for a coach to start immediately. Employment will begin on a casual basis with the opportunity for full-time employment. Pay rates will be determined on the qualification and experience of the applicant.
• Follow the prescribed training program with an understanding of the physiological training goal.
• Ability to track multiple time cycles and provide times during training.
• Tailor sessions to the individual needs of swimmers.
• Strong communication skills with clients.
• Maintain regular and informative contact with the head coach and senior staff.
• Understanding of the health and safety requirements of a pool environment.
• Intermediate to high-level computer skills.
• An energetic and proactive approach to work.
• Demonstrable time management skills
• Able to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrable ability to work in a team.
• Demonstrable problem solving and organizational skills.
• Experience in competitive swimming.
• Bronze level coaching license.
• Working with Children Check.
• Current CPR qualification.
• Current ASCTA membership.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
• Senior First Aid qualification.
• Previous or current education in Exercise Physiology
• 3 years + on deck coaching experience
Interested applicants should contact:
Head Swimming Coach & Director of Swimming
0412 157 475
This Ad has been viewed 157 times.