SportUNE _ University New England
More InformationSportUNE is now looking for a new Aquatics Manager to take charge and manage this wonderful new facility that will service the university campus and the city of Armidale (NSW). In 2018 SportUNE commenced a $7 million redevelopment of their aquatic centre, a project that will include geothermal heating to reduce CO2 emissions.
Sport UNE is considered one of the best sporting precincts in Australia offering variety, flexibility and a range of new facilities and services.
This role will be responsible for the planning, delivery and development of the programs learn to swim, swim squad & swim club. Reporting into the Manager - Sports Programmes, SportUNE are currently looking for an Aquatics Manager to play a pivotal role in leading the aquatics programmes. This is an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Aquatics Manager to help grow this new facility and develop new programs and initiatives so as to increase participation numbers.
• Oversee and manage all aquatic services and rostering, the learn to swim, swim squad, swim club and lifeguard programs within SportUNE Centre
• Develop and lead comprehensive strategies to maximise customer retention
• Ensure systems development, training and monitoring are implemented to achieve a safety-first culture in relation to risk and WHS management
• Provide leadership and mentoring to aquatic staff to ensure cohesiveness, clear succession plans and development opportunities;
• Manage accountabilities and deliverables within prescribed budget parameters
• Provide staff leadership, engendering teamwork and collaboration
You will be expected to have –
• Demonstrable relevant swim school operational experience including customer service, pool management, sales, budgeting and staff management along with
experience in the design, delivery and assessment of community programs
• Demonstrable awareness of the unique challenges associated with providing commercial programs and services in a university environment
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a highly interactive team, as well as the ability to self-manage and work independently.
• Proven awareness of EEO & Workplace Health & Safety principles as they relate to the position
Applications can be lodged via the following link - https://clientapps.jobadder.com/60194/left-field-sports-solutions
This Ad has been viewed 95 times.