Albany Swimming Club
Part-Time; salary to be negotiated with successful applicant, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
More InformationLooking for a sea change? A rare opportunity has arisen to take up a leadership position as Head Coach of Albany Swim Club, located in the pristine Great Southern of Western Australia. This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly capable and motivated coach to build and maintain a positive team environment that emphasises outstanding sportsmanship, mutual respect for others, and above all, enjoyment.
Albany Swim Club is seeking an applicant with a demonstrated knowledge of international high-performance best practice, including awareness of developing trends in coaching technique, skill development, program growth and long-term holistic development. In particular, the Head Coach will provide specific coaching of the Marlins senior squad, implementing a program to motivate and develop state level athletes to meet national age group targets.
The Head Coach role will encompass;
• Ensuring squads have sequential development and are suitable for targeted age groups
• Ensuring training plans and schedules are in place for all squads, including land based activities
• A developed pathway for competitive swimmers leading towards National age group competition
• Determining team selections for competition
• Attending meets, training sessions, clinics and conferences
• With committee approval, implement and run clinics and other programs as required
• Ensuring healthy coach/athlete relationships
• Assessment and advancement of swimmers in consultation with squad coaches and parents
• Oversight of daily attendance records and seasonal progress of athletes
• Consultation with athletes, parents and coaches to support swimmer wellbeing and engagement
• Mentoring athletes from the Marlins squad through a coaching assistance pathway
• Line management of all coaching staff
• Assign necessary staff for all scheduled meets and training sessions
• A coach development plan to provide sustainable coaching capacity for the club
• Maintain staffing levels and program costs consistent with the agreed operating forecast
• Securing pool/lane hire to service the club’s requirements
• Coordination of seasonal meet calendar
• Planning and oversight of the annual coaching budget
• Monthly reporting to the club committee
• Communicate regularly with membership via contribution to newsletters, squad, and individual meetings as needed
• Develop and build relationships with other clubs and coaches
• ASCTA Advanced coaching accreditation preferred (previously Silver)
• Level I in Strength & Conditioning or equivalent is desirable
• Previous proven experience as a Head or Senior Coach in a club environment preferred
• Senior First Aid
• Working with Children Check
• National Police Clearance
The successful applicant will be responsible for the executive planning of a complete program of swimming across the breadth of squads and will oversee the implementation of the program by the coaching team. A proven ability to promote athlete welfare, wellbeing and engagement is essential. As is the ability to develop a shared sense of purpose and belonging for all club members.
Applicants who may not currently possess all desirable experience and qualifications, but demonstrate strengths in key selection criteria are encouraged to apply. The club will consider supporting an applicant who is deemed suitable to achieve ASCTA Advanced level accreditation.
3 year contract with immediate start (3-month probation, plus 2 year contract extension subject to satisfactory performance).
To find out more about Albany Swim Club visit the club website and Facebook Page.
Please email your CV, including two referees, and covering letter addressing the criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 23 June, 2019.
For further information contact Lia Shavian (President).
This Ad has been viewed 284 times.