Breakers Swim Club WA
To be negotiated with successful applicant - dependent upon qualifications and experience
More InformationBreakers are seeking a Full time Director of Swimming to provide strong leadership to the Club swimming squad and coaching service program with the view to achieving the best possible results at a Local Community, West Australian State and Australian National level. Targeting to build a strong pathway for all swimmers.
Responsible for the organisation of all levels of swimming at Breakers & WestSwim, with the target to develop the club based on the strategic directions set, which will include:
- Ensuring self-sustaining development and suitable age group based squads
- Ensuring training plans are in place for all squads, including land based activities
- Oversight of seasonal progress of athletes
- A developed pathway for competitive swimmers leading towards the Northern HP (WAIS) program, where appropriate.
- Attend meets, training sessions, clinics and conferences.
- In conjunction with the Club's registrar and coaching staff, select teams for competition
- Set training schedules, squads and criteria for advancement in consultation with squad coaches
- Secure pool/lane hire to service the Club's requirements, taking into account appropriate coach-to-swimmer and swimmer-to-lane efficiencies
- Coordinate seasonal meet calendar and ensure it is consistent with the needs of the club, individual squads, athletes and their families in consultation with each squad coach
- Assign necessary staff for all scheduled meets and training sessions
- Upon approval of the committee, has the responsibility to implement and run any clinics and other programs as needed
- Participate in the recruitment and ensure the retention of the coaching team within the budget and guidelines determined by Club Committee, and in some instances WestSwim
- Identify coaches that have specific abilities or who can help in specific areas
- Take responsibility for ensuring appropriate placement of staff within the squad program and for educating, supervising and mentoring coaching team members
- Create a coaching team where depth and upward mobility are key factors
- Ensure healthy coach/athlete relationships
- Plan coaching team meetings at least once a month
- Provide monthly reports to the Club committee in consolidation with the coaching team
- Communicate regularly with membership via contribution to the weekly club notices, team and squad meetings and individual meetings as needed
- Communicate with administration staff regarding changes in schedule, new programs and promotion of swimmers between squads
- Reply to specific enquiries regarding squad programs
- Be available to conduct assessments of new swimmers
- Administer squad policies and procedures
- Oversee the maintenance of daily attendance records, and tracking is documented and in place
- Ensure updated information is provided to the club website manager on a regular basis
- Take part in planning the annual budget
- Maintain staffing levels and program costs consistent with the agreed operating forecast
- Seek and develop new business opportunities including, but not limited to, school programs, sourcing new facilities, squad and learn to swim programs
- Recommendation of grant opportunities and Input into grant application
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Coaching accreditation – ASCTA Advanced (previously referred to as Silver) or Higher and Lv1 Strength & Conditioning
- Previous proven experience as a Head Coach or Senior Head Coach role within a swimming club environment
- Experience in coaching a number of National level athletes and attending National level competitions
- Senior First Aid
- Working with Children
- National Police Clearance
More about the Club
Breakers Swim Club is a popular and successful Swim Club based north of the river, currently with 150 members located at Craigie Leisure Centre offering a variety of squads ranging from stroke development through to Open Water, National and High Performance levels.
We have a strong partnership with WAIS, with a number of our swimmers training in the Northern High-Performance squad. Our coaches liaise with the WAIS High-Performance coaching team in regarding swimmer talent and pathways with the view to ensuring we have the appropriate aspects in place to support the success of our swimmers. This approach provides ongoing development and mentoring opportunities for our coaches.
Our vision is to be an exceptional swimming club of choice, that inspires excellence in our core values of companionship, community and competition.
We deliver on our vision by developing, promoting and sustaining a united club culture that creates a lifelong love of swimming where each and every one of our members is inspired to fulfil their own potential.
Check out our facebook and instagram feeds to get a good feel of the club atmosphere
This Ad has been viewed 407 times.