Doncaster Dolphins Masters Swimming Club
More InformationDoncaster Dolphins, one of the largest masters swimming clubs in Victoria, seeks a Head Coach to provide oversight and leadership for its swimming program as well as direct coaching duties.
The key purpose of this role is to provide oversight and leadership of the swimming program for Doncaster Dolphins Masters Swimming Club as well as direct coaching responsibilities. The Club is one of the largest and longest running Masters Swimming clubs in Victoria, and offers members fun, fitness and friendship through swimming for both competition and fitness.
• Develop an annual swim program for approval by the Doncaster Dolphins Committee (“the Committee”) and ensure that this plan is implemented and followed; the annual plan should cater for all major pool competitions and the open water season.
• Ensure that training sessions are geared to the age and ability level of the swimmers and that stroke technique advice and other feedback should be given at all times.
• Work collaboratively with the Committee to ensure that appropriately qualified coaches are employed.
• Ensure that each coach is clear of their role and responsibilities and that all programs align with the approved annual swimming programme; hold regular coaches meetings to discuss the annual plan.
• Draw up and communicate to all relevant parties the coaching roster for all Dolphins sessions; arrange for cover of sessions due to absence of other coaches.
• Be available to coach the majority of the Saturday morning sessions and at least one of the other weekly swim sessions.
• Work with the Club Captain(s) to motivate and encourage members to participate in pool and open water swim meets; ensure that participants are provided with preparation for such meets and be prepared to provide reasonable feedback on performance and areas for improvement.
• Work with the Club Captains regarding swimmer selection for relay teams/meets.
• Plan and conduct swim camps for members as agreed within the annual plan
• Ensure that swimmers have access to advice in relation to dry land strength and conditioning training, and injury prevention, as required
• Attend AGM and designated swim meets as agreed with the Committee.
• Provide a regular report to the Committee (on an agreed frequency) on matters pertaining to coaching and competitions either in writing or by attending in person if requested.
• Work with the Committee and other designated Club members to contribute to the delivery of other programs such as the annual “Swim for Life” program
• Current Accredited Masters Swimming Australia coach OR Silver (Advanced) Coach
• Ability to work both autonomously and to lead a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• *Current Police Check
• *Current coaching licence/ insurance
• *Current first aid certificate
• *Current CPR certificate
*incumbent is responsible for maintaining currency of these throughout their period of employment and advising the committee of any changed circumstances
• 5 or more years previous experience of coaching Masters swimmers and/or Junior squad swimmers
This Ad has been viewed 281 times.